Terms and Conditions
Ahead of the Virtual Car Boot Sale
1. The Women for Women International Virtual Car Boot Sale organiser is Women for Women International – UK (UK Charity Registration Number: 1115109) whose registered office is at 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH.
2. The Women for Women International Virtual Car Boot Sale will run from 11am on Saturday 15th May and will end at 6pm on Saturday 15th May 2021.
3. All donations made during the campaign will be used by Women for Women International to support our work for women survivors of war wherever the need is greatest.
4. By taking part in the Women for Women International Virtual Car Boot Sale through making a purchase of an item in the auction you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. With the exception of the day of the event (Saturday 15th May) our normal hours are 9.30am-5.30pm Monday-Friday. You may not hear back from us outside these operating hours.
The Auction Items
1. We have made every effort to display the colours, size and quality of the products as accurately as possible. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor/phone’s display of colours will be exact. As such, all items are sold as seen on screen and no negotiation will be entered into.
2. All pre-loved items sold will be of a good quality, however, please bear in mind that pre-loved items will not be in mint condition.
3. The highest bidder for each item will be billed after the item’s auction slot closes on Givergy. Givergy is a silent auction fundraising platform that Women for Women International are using to facilitate the sale of items and manage payments for the Virtual Car Boot Sale.
4. We operate a no returns and no refunds policy. All items are sold as seen on screen and no negotiation will be entered into. The purpose of this event is to raise vital funds to support women survivors of war, and we are not able to bear the cost of refunds or returns. We are so grateful for your donation to Women for Women International.
Getting Your Items to You
1. A shipping charge of £10 per item will be charged on each item being shipped to buyers within the UK.
2. A shipping charge of £35 per item will be charged on each item being shipped to buyers overseas in non-EU countries.
3. A shipping charge of £90 per item will be charged on each item being shipped to buyers overseas in EU countries (plus additional customs duties). Brexit has changed the process of shipping from the UK to the EU. Goods leaving the UK for the EU will be charged Import Duty & Import VAT at EU-set rates and these rates vary by country and item. The recipient will be liable for these costs and goods are subject to additional customs duties that need to be paid upon receipt of the item. Therefore if you wish to participate in the sale you will be charged £90 shipping costs, and will also be liable for any further customs duties that will be paid direct to the shipping partner based on EU-set rates. We do not have enough clarity on VAT and import duties to include these charges at point of sale.
2. All items bought at £101 or more are insured. If an item is lost during transit, please notify Women for Women International.
3. All items bought at £100 and under are not insured.
4. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction.
5. Women for Women International will ship safely with shipping partner DHL and in line with UK government recommendations related to the current COVID-19 crisis. These are subject to change as governments update their country guidelines and may vary across territories.
6. All sellers involved in the Virtual Car Boot Sale have been advised to follow and adhere to current World Health Organisation and NHS guidelines on hygiene by handwashing for 20 seconds before and after handling all goods sold and to ensure all items have been washed/cleaned ahead of the sale.
7. Sellers have been asked not to handle any goods if they have had a positive test for COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate.
8. Please allow up to 35 days for the delivery of your item from the date of purchase.
9. We will advise on the estimated delivery date and provide tracking details once your item is dispatched, but this is subject to change. Please be aware that delays may occur to shipping times due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
10. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to track their delivery and notify Women for Women International if their parcel has not arrived within 35 days.